1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a new gaming PC. Will this one do?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Mum, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Mum

Mum

Local Time:
    8:00 AM
  2. Kalashboy420

Donator

Psychedelic Priest
    Local Time:
    7:00 AM
    ripper of a machine mate, will pump out the gaming for sure, will have no problem with running squad like a champ. does the 500w power supply enough to run the gpu and what not? perhaps upgrade to a 700-750w?

3. Floki

Community Admin Senior Squad Admin Squad Admin Donator

Local Time:
    My first recommendation would be to build it yourself, if you can and you feel comfortable enough. You'll be able to upgrade some of those parts and stay around the same budget by buying the parts individually. I've posted in discord for you in the #technical channel as well so that the others can help as well :)

4. DaveCleasc

Community Moderator Squad Admin Event Officer Donator Media Officer

Local Time:
    7:30 AM
    As Floki said, if you can build it yourself u could save some cash and get some better parts. If not, do it, PCCG are a good mob, I've bought plenty of gear thru them and never had any dramas.
    But if you do go the self build route, then I would def ditch the seagate drive and get an HD instead. Also might pay to get a bigger SSD, nice to have ur games installed on that as well as your OS.
    The motherboard has an M2 slot, so maybe try and get one of those for the OS instead of the bigger SSD. Def get a 16GB RAM kit instead of the 8GB.
    500W will be sufficient unless you want to add additional GPUs later.

5. Kalashboy420

Donator

Psychedelic Priest
    Local Time:
    Yeah i would highly recommend building it yourself too, buy the parts and put it together, its not really that hard i had pretty much zero computer knowledge when i built my first pc (besides knowing how to use one) its pretty much lego for adults haha.

6. Gloop

Donator

Student
    Local Time:
    Looks good, basically identical as what I have right now, only recommendations i'd make is upgrade to 16gb ram, and maybe make a compromise and get a smaller hard drive and upgrade to a larger size SSD (if you plan to hold games on it). You could easily make that work within the same price range by going the building route. I learned how to build purely through you tube videos and it's super easy, and works out a lot cheaper.

7. Madhouse

Head Admin Donator

Media:
    Local Time: