RULE 0: Nothing works better than Teamwork (Teamwork and Maturity)
Teamwork , Social and Fairplay has been the ideology of BigD Gaming since its inception, and we seek to uphold this wherever possible. Here are some guidelines that each and every player on our BigD Gaming Squad Server(s) should follow:
Players may be punished if they are not considered to be displaying Teamwork or Fairplay, regardless of whether they have broken any of the rules. We all like to have a laugh, and fool around, but not to the detriment of other players.
- We at all times expect players and Admins to act with integrity and play the game.
- Listen to your Squad Leaders, Commanders, and ofcourse the Admins requests at all times.
- The game is not about your K/D or Score. Grabbing assets or snipers and going lone wolf does not exhibit teamwork or maturity. You are NOT Rodger Ramjet.
- End of round VOIP spam is bad etiquette and offenders will be removed.
- All infractions listed below will result in a warning first.
- Don’t take things too seriously, it’s a game!
1. Squad Creation and Management
- No squads are to be created with overly offensive names.
- It is considered good etiquette to ask your Squad Leader before choosing a role. If you repeatedly cause issues, or interrupt a Squad’s game play by not fulfilling your role to your SL's approval, you may be removed from the server at an admin’s discretion. See Teamwork and Maturity.
- It is considered good etiquette for squad members to follow their squad leader’s orders. If you repeatedly cause issues, you will be removed from the server. See Rule 0.
- Do not create a squad unless you intend on leading it. If you create a squad and disband or hand over leadership you will be removed from the server.
2. Communication and VOIP
- Constantly using ‘All chat’ is forbidden. Includes any URL
- Using all chat for arguing, taunting or insulting will result in a kick.
- All squad leaders must have the ability to communicate with a microphone. Squad leaders are free to impose a "microphone required" rule for their squad at their discretion. All other players are encouraged to have a working microphone, inability to communicate through in game VOIP or chat may see you kicked by a server admin, at their discretion.
- Mic spam in any channel during game play (i.e music playing) is considered disruptive, and against the rules. This includes the start and end of the round.
- All Squad leaders must be able to communicate and speak English.
- Racist, abusive and hate speech is not tolerated and will result in a ban.
- Swearing is tolerated, but up to a point. Deliberately typing swear words constantly into global or team chat will cop you a ban. The word C**t when used in chat or VOIP is bannable on our servers. This is at any admins discretion.
3. Asset and Emplacement Rules
- When claiming Heavy assets, it is considered a privilege and not a right. If the general consensus is that you are wasting, or being detrimental to the team with your assets, you will be resigned or removed from the server. See Teamwork and Maturity.
4. Using Assets and ‘Claiming’
The following assets are considered claimable; however exceptions are tolerated if the squad or squad members are in violation of the Asset rules. See Teamwork and Maturity. You can also ask the asset squad politely to borrow a vehicle.
Any assets not listed above are on a FIRST COME/FIRST SERVED basis. If an asset is not listed above, ‘Claimable’ status is not enforced. Please ensure that your squad name bears some resemblance to the asset names above.
- LIGHT VEHICLES: Vehicles such as Humvees and Technicals are not claimable before round start. However, the vehicle belongs to the squad of the driver whether he is a SL or not. All vehicles must be full before they leave main. If a vehicle is abandoned on the battlefield, then it may be claimed by another squad.
- TANKS: All Main Battle Tanks and Anti-Tank vehicles. This DOES NOT include insurgent technical.
- CAS: Close Air Support, includes Gunships, Reconnaissance Helicopters and Jets.
- MECH INF: Allowed ONE APC or IFV. Mechanised Infantry take priority over APC squads. Multiple MECH INF squads allowed.
- APC/IFV: Claimable AFTER MECH INF has chosen their vehicle.
- TRANS: Includes all transport helicopters. If no TRANS squad exists, or if an admin considers the TRANS squad to be wasting assets, then claimable status is void.
- CROW Humvee and Rocket Aerial Techie are now a claimable asset. You must create an appropriate squad to have priority over these vehicles. The first SL to make this squad has the rights to it. If a squad is using this vehicle before you create your squad, they may finish using it before you can gain access.
- No firing from inside the dome, from any vehicle or mountable emplacement.
5. Forbidden Tactics and Behaviour
6. Whitelisted Community Server
- Road killing is allowed ‘within reason’. Single crewing a single vehicle for the sole purpose of vehicular manslaughter is not considered ‘reasonable’ and will be punished. See Rule 0.
- Suicide Tactics are forbidden, except for Insurgents in Insurgency game mode.
- Rushing the opposing team’s first neutral flag is NOT ALLOWED, the enemy must get a chance to cap that flag before contact is made.(This rule is excluded for ITC, Conquest and INS Layers.)
- Camping or attacking an enemy’s ‘main base’ or ‘Dome of Death’ or ‘uncappable’ flag is strictly forbidden. You must be a minimum of 1 full grid square away at all times.
- Camping a FOB at close quarters for the purpose of its removal, i.e covering SQUAD members whilst they dig it down is allowed. However camping a FOB by yourself and not revealing its location to your team, simply to boost your KDR is not considered teamwork and therefore against our rules. Any admin may kick or ban you at their discretion.
- Camping a FOB or RALLY from range for the purpose of its removal, i.e covering SQUAD members whilst they overrun it, is allowed. However camping a FOB or RALLY at range by yourself and not revealing its location to your team, simply to boost your KDR is not considered teamwork and therefore against our rules. Any admin may kick or ban you at their discretion.
- Building assets IN or CLOSE TO the ‘main base’ or ‘Dome of Death’ is not allowed, and punishments will be handed out accordingly. CLOSE TO is defined as within one grid squares of the base or DoD (NOT keypads).
- Using any form of cheating is forbidden. Those caught will be permanently banned.
- Impersonation of any Squad Admins or clan members is strictly forbidden and will be permanently banned from the BigD Servers.
- Using any in game glitches for your advantage is strictly forbidden. Those caught will be permanently banned.
- ‘Ghosting’, or reporting your teams location, ticket count or assets to the enemy strictly forbidden, and those caught will be permanently banned.
- Advertising for clans or servers is not considered good etiquette and will result in your removal from the server.
- Any discussion of bans in-game is not allowed. We encourage users to join us on TeamSpeak or Forums to engage in conversation. Those that do will be looked at more favourably.
- Any form of Trolling, baiting or stupidity won’t be tolerated. See Rule 0. This includes end of round Team killing.
- No Team-killing what so ever. Accidents can happen and will be excused on the first occasion.
- Strictly no profanity in your in game name. This will see you kicked from the server where you will be given a chance to change it. If an admin deems your name to be inappropriate without profanity, they may also kick you.
- Any unresponsive player sitting idle in the server, may be kicked without warning.
- No firing from prone under water. You may go prone to evade fire, but you CAN NOT return fire.
- No Building FOBS on rooftops unless it has direct access by stairs or ladder.
- Rule 5 .3 is excluded from this server so flag rushing is a valid strategy - Rushing the opposing team’s first neutral flag is NOT ALLOWED, the enemy must get a chance to cap that flag before contact is made.(This rule is excluded for ITC, Conquest and INS Layers.)
Please review these rules occasionally to ensure you are up to date with them. We will do our best to notify the community of any significant rule changes, but ultimately it is your responsibility to know and adhere to these rules.
If you would like to discuss any of these rules please contact Spono or a SQUAD game admin.
*Please note rules in grey are currently not enforced, this is subject to change. As we value the feedback of our community we may change our rules at anytime as to ensure better game play for all.
BigD Gaming Senior Admin team.
Amended by Spono 30/8/2016