BigD PR Forum Member Skirmish - Thursday 10th October

Dec 11, 2008
Melbourne
I want to thank everybody who helped out, although we never got enough to play on a regular map, Pavlovsk Skirmish was pretty fun as its a map played rarely.

I've got to express some disappointment at the amount of people who were playing other games or sitting in TS and who didn't sign up at all, especially considering many of them were significant community members and veteran PR players. I counted a good 20 or so, and if we got that many more we may have very well had a chance to see some good games. I spoke to a few of these players and they had good excuses, but otherwise it seems plenty of people could have put in some more effort even AFK seeded until we had enough.

Regardless, in my opinion it seems we now need to come up with some concrete plans on how to retain the new players that are joining in addition to bringing as many older players back into the game as possible. It seems PR on BigD could go one of two ways now: Either we make the effort to bring in some fresh blood, or it dies off as people play on other servers, or other games.

Anyway it was fun, thanks everyone for playing!

Noddy

Donator
Jun 7, 2007
Canberra
theauxiliaries.net
I saw a number of community members on other servers at the time which is disappoint.

I think if half the problem is building that critical mass of around 30 players... If you aren't at least giving it a crack at trying to seed the server (especially on nights like this) then you are part of the problem :p

Thanks dtacs for kicking off community nights again...lets build on it :)

eta.. maybe next time try and seed with a smaller insurgency map like albasrah or aas like jabal.. People seem to avoid skirmish which baffles me. Perhaps there is a perception that if a skirmish map is on it's because of a crash?

YAK

Oct 29, 2011
People don't play PR for the skirmish mode, it's like cod but slower and more frustrating. Insurgency maps used to be great for seeding, but since the 1.0 patch, not so much.. Cos there's long periods of time where neither team has any objectives (especially frustrating for blufor)

PR is all about dat combined arms

Feb 6, 2009
New Zealand
We Can Come Away From This And Say Thursday Wasn't The Best And Next Time Try Another Day, Get The Word Out Everywhere And Have An Awesome Night. Monday Is My Vote, Wee After Week Seems To Be The Number And Game Tracker Backs It Up.

People Moan No Matter The Map No Matter The Game Mode. We All Knew The Nights Off 64+ Wasn't Going To Last, Now We Just Have To Get On The Nights People Can Play And Make Sure We Get Maximum Enjoyment Out Of It. Adapt To Survive Baby.

And As For Skirmish, Its A Fantastic Game Mode On The Right Maps And Enforces That Tight Knit Squad Work. People Don't Like It Because They Don't Play It Right (Poster Above Me =p). Skirmish Really Really Puts A Spot Light On Squad Work Which Unfortunately Is Lacking imho.

2c Runs For Cover

YAK

Oct 29, 2011
We Can Come Away From This And Say Thursday Wasn't The Best And Next Time Try Another Day, Get The Word Out Everywhere And Have An Awesome Night. Monday Is My Vote, Wee After Week Seems To Be The Number And Game Tracker Backs It Up.

People Moan No Matter The Map No Matter The Game Mode. We All Knew The Nights Off 64+ Wasn't Going To Last, Now We Just Have To Get On The Nights People Can Play And Make Sure We Get Maximum Enjoyment Out Of It. Adapt To Survive Baby.

And As For Skirmish, Its A Fantastic Game Mode On The Right Maps And Enforces That Tight Knit Squad Work. People Don't Like It Because They Don't Play It Right (Poster Above Me =p). Skirmish Really Really Puts A Spot Light On Squad Work Which Unfortunately Is Lacking imho.

2c Runs For Cover
meh most of the skirmish maps are a mess, rally points don't work as they should, having 2 medics per squad makes it even more snowbally now.

It's a lackluster hacky gamemode, It's much better to play small maps on inf layer if you want squad work, which i agree is lacking.

BigD Server Donations

Total amount
AU$252.00
Goal
AU$500.00